Thursday, January 8, 2009

Flip This Money - Beginnings (Pilot)

I wonder if this has been done before. Probably, but whatever.

So, a while back, I was running my mouth (actually, my online mouth) about wanting to make money in the stock market. I sat down with a trusty excel spreadsheet and figured out that I could make $2,000 into $250,000 if I could "Flip This Money" - you know, like the stupid TV shows, but I'll actually explain what I do... or like the "underworld" where they don't tell you what they did, you just get the money after it's flipped.

Yes, read that again, I'm going to make $250,000 out of $2,000.

"But, hoosier, that's 12,424%!!! If it were that easy, everybody would do it."

You're probably right. But even if I can only be half right, I'll turn $2,000 into $20,000 - a pretty nice 1,000%. All your stock market are belong to me.

Okay, so what's the plan?

The real object is to do something to teach myself how to do some trading - technical trading - in the stock market. My 401k got gashed this year, and if I had known 9 months ago what I know today, I wouldn't care, because I would have made about 10x what was in my 401k. Instead, I let some rich Wall Street expert blow it for me. Not to say don't put money in a 401k or other retirement vehicle, but don't think that's the only way to make money. I figure, start during a recession, and by the next "bubble" I should know enough to retire (whether I MAKE enough to retire is a different story altogether) and teach my two boys so they don't have to get jobs.

Okay, you still didn't tell us the plan.

Oh, right. I ramble. Don't worry. I'll get to it. So, the plan is to LEARN technical analysis and trade in and out - and not necessarily "day trade" to the tune of 5% per trade (after fees and whatnot.) It's not as hard as it sounds - but probably not as easy as I think it is, but whatever. Of course, I have to do quite a bit of reading on the innertubes, which is a good thing. Financial news is interesting stuff. Technical trading isn't too bad to learn. The perspective of other 'experts' (real and imagined) has never been so easy to gather. Goodbye, television. Your days are numbered.

What's the o/u on the number of readers of this blog? Opening at 3.5.

Oh, and ou still sucks.

Let's begin.

3 comments: