Thursday, January 8, 2009

Episode 2: First!

So, after reading and learning some signaling and whatnot, I entered a trade.

Oh, but first, I already made (wait for it!)

THREE CENTS!

Yep, the money sitting in my account pulled my a whole .03 in 9 days of just sitting there. I'm feeling pretty good about this stock trading thing. At this rate, I'll be retiring in 1,000 years... So I better make a trade, huh.

12/12/08
So, I make my first trade. I buy 10 shares of SDS - ProShares Ultra Short S&P - at $92.64. I wasn't quite ready to take the whole $2,000 plunge (big spender, here). I was betting on the stock market to go down (because it should have).

FAIL!
12/15/08
The markets made a Christmas rally, in the face of all kinds of bad news, and my bear market stock got whacked. I sold out at $88.15. Yep, I started this little fun off with a negative 4.85% transaction. Beginner's luck!

So, that's -1 down, 101 to go... (Actually, since I only traded half of the $2k, it's more like -.5 down, 100.5 to go, but whatever...)

No comments:

Post a Comment